Sunday, April 29, 2012

The only way is up


The way I’m feeling at the moment I could easily sit here and turn this into a page of solid non-stop moaning!   That was never what this was about, and it’s not what anyone wants to read, so I’ll try and find something positive to talk about.

Although some people don’t have a good word to say about the track at Aldershot, I don’t mind it.   It’s very tight but the car seems to go round it pretty well - and as long as people give each other some respect the racing is generally good.  The pits are without doubt the best pits we use and it’s only an hour and a half from my house.

When we arrived the sun was shining and you really couldn’t have asked for a better day.   The weather men were predicting rain in the afternoon though and for once they got it spot on!  For practice and both the heats the track was dry but it was full wets on for the final following some pretty intense rain showers.

None of the races really worked out the way I’d hoped and with spins in both I ended up at the back.   The first one I crossed the line 15th and the second 16th in races where there were “no other finishers” behind me.  The final wasn’t to be much better either and although it was good to drive in the wet (I can’t remember the last time we had a wet meeting) it just didn’t go to plan again.  The race started out great with me picking up a few places but things soon started to go backwards.  I ended up finishing in 16th  and just outside the points.

I suppose on the plus side we didn’t get any damage and the car was unloaded and back in the workshop by 7pm, but that didn’t really make up for the day we’d had, and I went off to bed on Sunday night feeling pretty sorry for myself!   I didn’t feel much better when I saw the points chart either, but I suppose I can’t get much lower and the only way is up from here . . . or as Gavin said when I was talking to him yesterday “You’ve got to win it or bin it. Drive it like a double vodka!”  Make of that what you will but I’m going to try as hard as I can for the last three rounds, pray for some luck, and see where I end up.

Firstly I’m sorry this entry is a bit shorter than usual, and secondly that it’s mildly depressive - well done if you managed to read it to the end!   Things will be a bit more cheery next time I promise.  We’re going to get the car sorted next week and are already looking forward to Hednesford on bank holiday Monday.   Lightning Rods are racing so John will be down too.

Thanks as ever for reading.

Until next time.
Mikey

No comments:

Post a Comment