Saturday, November 3, 2012


Without doubt it has been a hectic few weeks.   Even though there hasn’t been any racing I’ve found plenty to do.   Ross and I, along with some other friends headed across to France for a week’s fishing.  Nothing at all to do with racing but one of the best experiences I have ever had with some great people and some massive fish . . . I can’t wait to go back again next year!

When I went back to work it seemed like the longest week ever and I was counting down the days till the weekend when I could head off to
Scotland for the Superbowl.  I’m sure you all know how much I love Scotland and have lost count of how many times I’ve been up this year . . . it’s only a matter of time till John starts charging me rent!

I had a trailer belonging to John which I brought home on my last visit, so after loading it up with stuff to take back up with me, I set off.  Leaving to go on a
400 mile journey at 1pm on a Friday afternoon is - in hindsight - not the best idea, and after what seemed like days and miles and miles of traffic jams I finally arrived.  Hope was not lost though and there was time for dinner, a shower and then to head out on the town.   Well it wouldn’t be Scotland without a little drink!

The one downside to
Scotland is how cold it gets, and I can safely say it was freezing at the racing on Saturday.  This was easily overcome by heading straight to the bar.   Along with Richard and Siobhan I did manage to go outside and watch a few races, but the weather soon had us heading back inside.

I know I always say it but there really isn’t any other track like Cowdenbeath and the Saloons round there are brilliant. I never get bored of watching the chaos they cause, and mixed with F2s and Ministox it was a good night of racing.

The nights out that follow the racing are always legendary and after convincing Richard to come out with us, John, David, Robert, Richard and I headed back into town.  It didn’t disappoint and I have never seen so many people in fancy dress in a night club before. It was a quality night topped off with a hilarious ride home in a minibus that has rescued us twice now this year!

As much as I would have liked to, I didn’t go to the racing on Sunday.  John and I had a few bits to sort out and after some lunch I headed off on the long drive home.  It seemed even further on the way back and it’s always hard leaving your friends after a great weekend away and going back to reality.

Back at home the car is very nearly ready.  It seems like an age since I last raced and I’m really looking forward to getting back in the driving seat.  It feels like the season has gone so quickly and it’s nearly the winter break already.   I always enjoy this meeting at Hednesford, the fire works are always amazing, and racing under the lights is pretty impressive too.  With
Birmingham the weekend after it should be a good couple of weeks.

I have some big plans for the winter but more on that over the coming weeks!

Just one final thing:  I’d like to apologise for not blogging as regularly as I should.   I am so busy with work at the moment and it’s a struggle to even find time to think sometimes.  I haven’t lost interest though and fully intend to keep going until you’re all sick of hearing what I have to say!

Thanks as ever for reading and I hope to see you all over the next few weeks to help me round off what I can only describe as a truly amazing year.

Until next time


No comments:

Post a Comment