Monday, December 24, 2012

The secret is out

Well that’s another Christmas already upon us.  This year has flown by and I know we’ll all be getting ready to go racing again before we know it.  After a very hectic few months I’m looking forward to having a couple of days off and not doing anything car related!  Then I go back to work for two days before heading north to see the New Year in with all my friends in Scotland.  It’s going to be great!

I was going to sit this week and look back over the last season and all the fun I’ve had but it’s going to have to wait until I’m back now as I’ve decided to let everyone in on a little secret I’ve been keeping for the last few months! I have mentioned a few times in recent weeks that the car has been away at SHP and I have always avoided the reason as to why. I’ve heard all sorts of rumours lately so here, straight from the horses mouth is exactly what I will be doing next year.

Firstly I have not bought Robert McDonald’s car or any other car for that matter and I shall still in theory be running the same car next year - the one big difference will be the engine. Rather than the Vauxhall that everyone has been using we are going to try running a new Ford Duratec. I know a few people have run it before and after much conversing with John Toovey and Sonny we have decided to go for it and give it a try.

The car has obviously had to have a few modifications to get the engine in. The biggest difference being the fact that the exhaust is on the opposite side to the Vauxhall. The new engine is also running wet sump so removes a lot of pipes, a pump and a tank out of the engine bay. The engine is very similar in power to the Vauxhall but the big advantage is the weight, being an aluminium block it is considerably lighter.

I have complete faith in John and Sonny and I would like to thank them both very much for all the time and hard work they have put into making it all happen. Also thanks to everyone else who knew and kept it under wraps! I’m really looking forward to getting it all back together and going out and giving it a try.

While I’m on the subject I would like to thank all my sponsors, family and friends for everything this last year, especially my parents because without them the racing would never be possible. In some ways it’s been a terrible year - but in others it’s been great. I’ve met some amazing people and had some great times along the way. I also want to thank John Sibbald . . . I’ve spent nearly as many nights at his house as my own this year. I’ve lost count of how many trips I’ve made to Scotland and it seems fitting to see this year out and the new one in up there!

So that’s it, the secret’s out and I would like to wish you all a “Very Merry Christmas and all the best for
2013.”  Thanks for continuing to read my blog. Something tells me there will be plenty to write about over the coming few months!

Until next time

Mikey

No comments:

Post a Comment